Our firm proudly serves clients in Harris County, Brazoria County, Fort Bend County and Galveston

Pearland Family Lawyer - Pearland Divorce Attorney


In Texas what orders are subject to modification?


A court with continuing, exclusive jurisdiction may modify an order that provides for the conservatorship, support, or possession of and access to a child.

To get a modification started in the State of Texas, your attorney will file a Citation and Petition to Modify Parent-Child Relationship with the court in the county where the lawsuit has jurisdiction. Next, the Citation and Petition will be served to the other party and/or to his or her counsel.

Under certain circumstances, the court may render Temporary Orders while the modification is pending. The purpose of Temporary Orders is to protect the best interest of the child. This type of order needs to show that it is necessary because the child’s present circumstances would significantly impair the child’s physical health or emotional development.

Modification orders can determine who has sole managing conservatorship or joint managing conservatorship. The orders can determine specific possession and access schedules of each party with the child as well as determine who can designate the primary residence of the child. Modification of child support can also be established if it meets certain criteria.

Kersh Law Firm is a an established family law practice with offices in Pearland and Houston, Texas.   He has built his practice around offering his clients professional and comprehensive legal representation for their family law needs.  Shane understands that family law and divorce are a very personal matter to his clients.  Each case is handled with respect for the client, their family and personal assets.  In divorce and family law cases, in Pearland and surrounding areas, pre-trial preparation is paramount to achieving a positive outcome.  Contact our Pearland or Houston family law offices to schedule your consultation.

Updated January 14, 2020 by Shane Kersh

By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://www.kershlaw.com/